Tuesday, January 5

Targets for 2010

For Nov/December I averaged around 30 to 35 miles per week with the odd long run of between 12 and 16 miles and some good steady 5 to 10 mile hilly runs around Rochestown,Carrigaline and Monkstown.Mostly I was aiming for some fast 5 mile races over the x-mas (which were cancelled due to the weather).I was hoping to try to break 30 mins for the BANDON 5 as i hit 30.50 last year so hopefully I'll get the chance at some stage in the Spring.The main thing I am happy with is that I have been injury free for 6 months now,and although I am not doing high mileage I am fairly happy with my fitness.
I reckon this is the year for me to finally tackle a marathon,donno which one yet but I might try for a European Marathon like Valencia (Feb 21st),Barcelona (March 7th), or Madrid (April 25th) but,if getting there is too much hassle I will wait for Limerick or Cork.I guess I should find a good online training program to follow as well...any recommendations ??
So,for now I plan to stay fit and tackle some 5 mile/10k/10 mile races over the next few months and increase the weekend long runs towards 20 miles.
After Grellan`s amazing 33 miles I should not complain about targeting 20 miles!

Hope all ye Runners have an injury free 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Your quirte welcome to join us in Barcelona in March (3 to-date) - flights direct from Cork with Aer Lingus - out Friday evening and back Sunday evening (not much time for partying afterwards though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one - going in a group would be cool..donno if i`ll be ready by 7 march though!
    will see how i get on in my training i guess..

    ReplyDelete